Benefits of Red and Blue LED Light Therapy
LED light therapy is non-invasive, causes no inflammation, and requires no special post treatment procedures. It is proven to be effective for cosmetic purposes, diminishing the visibility of fine lines, wrinkles, and acne.
LED light therapy:
- Promotes natural production of collagen and elastin
- Reduces appearance of aging and damaged skin.
- Has no reported side effects.
- Individuals taking steroid or cortisone injections, who are pregnant, or who have a thyroid condition should consult a physician before undergoing light therapy.
- LED light therapy is not recommended for individuals who are epileptic, photo-allergic, or taking medications that cause light sensitivity, such as Tetracycline.
Red light therapy is generally indicated for the treatment of fine lines, peri-orbital, and skin wrinkles.
A 30-minute maintenance treatment is all that is needed following the initial series of treatments.
“The ultimate goal is to create skin that is healthy and beautiful. LED treatments can be instrumental in attaining this goal when they are incorporated as part of a regular skin care regimen. Skin looks rejuvenated, even in tone and color, and richer in collagen -- all without the side effects or downtime that can be associated with with invasive procedures.”
— Skin Inc (magazine), 10/2007
Acne causing bacteria known as Propionibacterium acnes (P. acne) excretes porphyrins. When these porphyrins are exposed to a specific wavelength of light (blue light from 405 to 420nm), oxygen is seperated from the porphyrin molecule, producing free radicals which kills the bacteria.
Treatments can be used on any part of the body and is especially effective in reducing and calming inflamed acne.